Welcome to our website
Cambridge Street United Church invites everyone to join us at our Sunday worship services and our wide range of Church and community events.
We are a member of the Kawartha Highlands Presbytery of the Bay of Quinte Conference of the United Church of Canada. Lindsay is about 120km northeast of Toronto in the City of Kawartha Lakes.
Our Sunday services commence at 10:30am, led by our minister, Rev Paul Reed. Our worship is enriched by our Director of Music, Erwin Stroobach, and the many choirs and bell choirs that he leads. If you have children, they would be warmly welcomed by our very active Sunday School.
From Our Search Committee
Cambridge Street United Church begins the task of seeking a new spiritual leader. The Search Committee is accepting applications from suitable candidates for the full-time position of ordained minister. We invite you to explore us through our JNAC report. If God is calling you to us, please send a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the re: line Attention: Search Committee.
May 28 Worship Service 10:30 led by Rev. Craig Donnelly
June 3 Mom2Mom Sale 10am-2pm
2nd Annual CSUC Golf Tournament 2pm
June 4 Worship Service 10:30 am
Pentecost Sunday - Communion
June 10 Victorian Tea 11:30-2:30pm
June 11 Worship Service 10:30 led by UCW with
speaker Nancy Sutherland, Natl. UCW President
June 14 UCW General Meeting & Potluck 6:15 pm
June 18 Worship Service 10:30 am
Sunday School Graduation
June 25 Worship Service 10:30 am
Farewell to Rev. Paul Reed
Summer Staff Worker – Position Available
Cambridge St United Church in Lindsay, Ont., are looking to hire a Summer Staff Worker for a 7-week period, 30 hours per week, $11.40 per hour with an anticipated start date of July 10, 2017. Applicants must be between the ages of 15-30 and a fulltime student returning to school during the next academic year.
Resumes need to be received by June 22, 2017 by email (email@example.com), by mail (61 Cambridge St. N., Lindsay, ON K9V 4C9), or in person at the office.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Custodial duties: daily upkeep of the church building and grounds as directed by the church custodian.
- Covering custodian duties when needed and when away on summer holidays.
- Maintain the church's Giving Garden: daily maintenance, watering, clean-up, planting, and organizing delivery of produce to the local food bank.
- Cover administrative work in the church office when the office administrator is away - requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and internet.
- Participating in three Sunday morning worship services.
- Assisting with a week-long Vacation Bible School for youth in the community.
- Hospitality support of community groups meeting at the church.
- Participating with an attitude of care and compassion in all of their work.
- To be knowledgeable of and be prepared to implement fire, safety, first aid and other emergency procedures, if necessary.
Click HERE to livestream our Sunday morning worship service
“We, as members of Cambridge Street United Church, seek to follow Jesus Christ through word, music, and social action; thereby, nurturing our personal faith and supporting the faith journey of others. We promise to be stewards of our living earth, to share with those in need, and to be welcoming to all.”