1832 – The Reverend Conrat Vandusen of Cavan rides on horseback to the tiny settlement on the Scugog River then known as Purdy’s Mill. He conducts services in the small log dwellings on the river bank.
1841 – a grant of one acre of land is secured from the government on the southwest corner of William and Wellington Streets where a small building is erected. This combines as a week-day school and church.
1852 – by now the congregation has outgrown this building and a larger one is erected next door fronting onto William Street. The minister, Rev. Thomas Hannah, used the earlier building as his home, becoming the first to be a permanent resident during his tenure.
1869 – a still larger site is purchased at the corner of Bond and Cambridge Streets.